Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm a Fan of Absolution

Taking from the title, I like things to be absolute. However, when applying for multiple foreign exchange programs, there is no absolution, which is, at the time, perfectly fine with me.

I haven't yet submitted any applications (YES and CBYX aren't out yet), but I actually know where I'm applying, now. Pretty awesome, eh? That means I've eliminated my previous list of potential countries and created a more accurate one.

I'm ineligible for NSLI-Y and YFU scholarships because of my age (I'm a month and a half too young for NSLI-Y and a couple of weeks too young for the majority of YFU scholarships). Also, I've decided that I'm not planning to apply for CIEE if I'm rejected from YES and CBYX.

The plan:

CBYX - AFS - DEUTSCHLAND, natuerlich

YES - Oman/India/Bosnia/Turkey/South Africa/Ghana/Thailand

ASSE - full scholarships, and I plan on going with ASSE if I can't get a scholarship with ASSE, YES, or CBYX: Mongolia/Ukraine/Turkey.

So, well, as an update, at this time next year, it's likely that I'll be in/headed to Germany, Bosnia, Ukraine, Turkey, Oman, South Africa, India, or Mongolia. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment