Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Drops of Jupiter

The best thing about my Pandora is that it knows me really well and always seems to play my favorite songs immediately when I'd like them. Hence the title.

LET US CELEBRATE THE MOMENT IN MY EXCHANGE LIFE WITH SOME NICE NUMBERS:

Days I've waited to go on exchange: 405
Days I waited for a Speedwell notification: 40
Days I waited to be accepted to be accepted by Argentina: 33
Days I waited for a host family: 22
Number of essays I wrote: 13 
Number of sugary Rutters' iced teas I've had because of the excuse "Well, I won't get to have any for eleven months": 12
Number of countries shot down by my mother: 7
Number of countries that were at one time my first choice (across scholarships): 4 
Number of countries my mother suggested that I didn't apply to: 4
Plane rides ahead of me: 3
Number of times I used biome differences to determine country rankings: 2
Number of fuzzy stuffed animals I'm taking to Argentina: 2
Numbers of times I attempted video-logging the application process: 2
Number of times I've felt amazingly greatful for this wonderful opportunity: too many to count

Days left before departure: 6

Regrets: 0

"...We've got a lot to learn; god knows we're worth it" - not from Drops of Jupiter. Oops. 

1 comment: