Sunday, January 20, 2013

AFS Speedwell and Flying Time

It's kind of amazing that it's already late January - back in early July, when I learned about exchange, I felt as though time was going to pass so slowly until I received my destination. In September, during tennis season, when I was waiting for CBYX and YES applications to come out, I felt as though late winter would never come. But, now, my Speedwell application will be submitted in three weeks, I'm waiting for my CBYX time and date, and time has FLEW, probably thanks to all of the schoolwork I've had to distract me in the past few months.

It's amazing that, in two months, I'll receive either my rejection or acceptance to Speedwell. That seems like a really long time - 60 days, but when I think about how short the time between now and this time last month has felt, it seems like no time at all. This time next year, I'll be about halfway through my exchange year, whether I'm in Germany, Argentina, Portugal, or Slovakia. I'm past the halfway point between when I learned about exchange and when I'll find out which program I'm going with (either one of the scholarships or my ASSE backup).

Now, I'm working on my Speedwell essays and finishing my CBYX full application. These AFS Speedwell essays are a bit longer than the CBYX essays, which is a good thing, because I felt as though the 250 word limit for CBYX was a bit too short for me to be able to adequately address the topics to the extent I wanted to. These essays are really, really important, and I hope to finish them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment