Monday, March 25, 2013

Examples of my 2013 photography

The truth is, I don't have one artistic bone in my body when it comes to drawing, painting, or carving things, as much as I've tried to be the next Picasso. However, I enjoy photography - when I was in Europe, the question I was most often asked was "Evan...what are you taking a picture of?" I have to say, sheepishly, that I took one picture from the front of the Eiffel Tower, but 27 pictures of pigeons. No subject is too mundane for me. Oh, and probably about 70 pictures of transmission lines, but that wasn't really about capturing the beauty of transmission lines (Hey - a girl's got to be able to compare European and American transmission lines, and she's not doing it from memory). I was ecstatic to receive a new camera for Christmas, so now I can take even higher-quality pictures of transmission lines (oh, and, well, I guess a famous monument or two thrown in there ;)).

Anyways, these are some of the pictures I've taken since the start of the year:


What can I say? My sister is VERY photogenic.

The product of camera effects and a side table.

Taken on a tiny walking bride in Virginia

Tree bark in PA

Blue winter sky!


Made from zoom, assisted by the presence of a bird feeder

The bank of a tiny creek

No comments:

Post a Comment